62 Hamilton Collegiate Institute Cadet Corps was originally formed 8 Mar 1900, and affiliated with the 13th Regiment. On May 12, 1922 the corps reaffiliated with the Royal Hamilton Regiment. In 1928, the unit was awarded the Imperial Shields plaque by his Majesty King George V. 62 Hamilton Collegiate Institute Cadet Corps disbanded 11 Jan 1951.
The current corps was formed on 28 Feb 1950 then known as 2379 Royal Hamilton Light Infantry Cadet Corps. On 30 Oct 1989, 2379 Royal Hamilton Light Infantry requested that the corps be allocated number 62 to preserve the history attached to it. The number 2379 was then allocated to a new cadet corps formed in Burlington in 1991, which is affiliated with the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry.
40 Cadets and 9 Officers & Civilian Volunteers